Surprise No. 12: There is no reallocation out of bonds and into stocks in 2013.
Despite a growing consensus that the reallocation trade is imminent and will reverse the trends of money moving out of stocks and into bonds (in place since 2007), outflows from domestic equity funds and inflows into bond funds continue throughout the year. In support, I would note that, according to AMG, bond/equity fund flows started 2013 just the way they ended last year, with large outflows totaling -$3.5 billion coming out of domestic equity funds and with inflows into fixed income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV