Results from eight other arms of the ELECTRON study, evaluating sofosbuvir alone and with RBV and/or pegylated IFN, were published earlier this month in the New England Journal of Medicine (N Engl J Med 368;34-44).
Advancing a Fixed-Dose Combination Tablet for HCV
Gilead is currently evaluating a once-daily fixed-dose combination tablet containing sofosbuvir and GS-5885 in several Phase 2 and 3 trials. The studies evaluate sofosbuvir/GS-5885 with and without RBV among a range of genotype 1 HCV patient populations.
- ION-1: This Phase 3 trial was initiated in October 2012 and is evaluating sofosbuvir/GS-5885 with and without RBV for 12 or 24 weeks among treatment-naïve genotype 1 patients. Pending a review of results from the two 12-week arms (n=50/arm) of an initial enrollment of 200 patients, ION-1 will continue to recruit patients and assess sofosbuvir/GS-5885 in a total of 800 individuals.
- ION-2: Gilead today announced that a second Phase 3 study for sofosbuvir/GS-5885, ION-2, is expected to begin screening patients in January 2013. This study will evaluate the fixed-dose combination, with RBV for 12 weeks and with and without RBV for 24 weeks of therapy among 400 treatment-experienced genotype 1 HCV patients. Participants in this study will have failed past therapy with regimens containing IFN or IFN plus a protease inhibitor.
- LONESTAR: Gilead also announced that enrollment is now underway for a new Phase 2 study of sofosbuvir/GS-5885 for 12 weeks and of sofosbuvir/GS-5885 with and without RBV for 8 weeks among genotype 1 treatment-naïve patients. Two additional arms in this trial will evaluate sofosbuvir/GS-5885 with and without RBV for 12 weeks among treatment-experienced genotype 1 patients who had previously received a protease inhibitor-containing regimen. This study, which will enroll 100 patients, is the first trial to evaluate the combination of sofosbuvir andGS-5885 for only eight weeks of treatment.
Sofosbuvir, GS-5885 and the fixed-dose combination tablet are investigational products and their safety and efficacy have not yet been established.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV