-Easiest, Most Reliable and Safest Home 3D Printer -Prints at 2X Better Accuracy and 1.5X Faster Speed -More Material Choices, Colors and Print Modes
ROCK HILL, S.C., Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) unveiled today the second generation of its popular home 3D printer, the Cube ®, with faster printability, additional print modes and greater materials selection, including recyclable ABS plastic and compostable PLA and more colors including glow-in-the dark blue and green. The Cube meets all IEC 60950 Printer Safety Requirements making it the only consumer 3D printer that is safe for at-home use by adults and children alike. The new Cube will be on display at CES, January 8 –11, 2013, in the Las Vegas Convention Center in the Main Hall, booth 15447 and the CES MommyTech Zone, booth 71003 in the Venetian.
Awarded "easiest to use" and "most reliable" by Make Magazine, 3D Systems has made its new Cube even easier to own and simpler to use by offering a Print Pack valued at, $1,500, for just $1,399. This comprehensive value pack includes the Cube 3D printer, 4 cartridges, 25 free prints and Cubify® Invent design software, the only 3D design tool optimized for 3D printing. Cubify.com provides more easy printing options for new users with 3D apps that generate free print files and an entire 3D printing marketplace of items to choose from.Product Features:
- Print Experience – Delivers up to 1.5X faster print speed and 2X better accuracy for printed parts up to 5.5" cubed. Full tech specs are available here.
- Greater Material and Print Mode Choices – Cube now prints in two materials, compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics. Both materials are available in 16 different color cartridges including new glow-in-the dark green and blue and metallic silver colors. Cube offers a choice of print mode fill density: lite, medium and solid in both PLA and ABS plastics with optional easy, breakaway supports for the most complex prints.
- Smart Cartridge Systems - Moisture-lock cartridge ensures extended shelf life and total material usage, improving print quality and sustainability.The printer detects material type automatically based on the cartridge, eliminating the need to change print settings. The cartridges are easy to load and store while preserving the life and quality of the materials.
- Safest for the Home – Cube meets all IEC 60950 Printer Safety Requirements, making it the only consumer 3D printer that is safe for home use by children.
- Easier to Use Sleeker Design – Building on the success of the original, the second generation Cube has the same intuitive, touchscreen interface, compact sleek design, plug-and-print simplicity, WiFI connectivity and both MAC and PC compatibility.
- Sustainability – Users can now send back their empty cartridges to designated 3D Systems locations for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges and return their used ABS and PLA prints for responsible recycling or composting by the company. All Cubes are shipped locally from USA and EU distribution centers reducing freight. The new Cube comes with a proprietary, heatless print pad that conserves power compared to other 3D printers. 3D Systems is committed to making consumer 3D printing affordable, safe and sustainable.
- 3D Printing Services – Registering your Cube for free on Cubify.com allows for easy hardware and software updates and immediate access to Cubify 3DCloud printing service, whether users store designs on Cubify or use 3DCloud printing for broader material choices and performance properties.. Cube Experts hotline and email support is available everyday from 3:00am to 8:00pm EST, providing 16 hours of service each day.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts