Aha by HARMAN TM continues to bring drivers the widest array of options to be entertained and informed safely on the road. Today Aha announced partnerships with four of the web’s leading location-based service providers that will bring hundreds of new personalized stations of location-based services to drivers who use Aha. By the end of 2013, Aha will be installed into vehicles by more than 10 auto manufacturers which in total represent more than 50 percent of all cars sold in the USA/Canada and up to 30 percent in Europe. Aha brings a world of infotainment to drivers including both mainstream and niche content. Because Aha is fully customizable, users can create the radio experience they want, and take it anywhere.
Now drivers can tune into radio-like stations to do things like:
- Listen to surf reports from Surfline on thousands of spots worldwide, including tide, wave and weather reports.
- Get discounts on food, gas, shopping and more with ROXIMITY, which alerts drivers to nearby deals and offers based on each person’s current location and preferences.
- Receive audio descriptions of nearby attractions with HearPlanet, an audio guide that covers the entire world.
- Get rich weather information on your current location or 70,000 other destinations with CustomWeather TM, which provides complete global weather coverage.
- Find nearby state and national parks with Park Visitor TM, the most comprehensive online community for park lovers anywhere.
“While music and news remain the dominant form of entertainment in the car, today’s drivers have a world of information at their fingertips on the smartphone,” said Chia-Lin Simmons, Vice President of Marketing and Content for Aha. “Aha takes the information drivers might look for on a smartphone and put it in an audio station that is safe to access at 65 MPH. Aha does all the development work in the cloud, making it easy and affordable for smaller content publishers to reach drivers.”