Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced that its nearly 700 stores will host informative events on digital education and offer educators an additional discount on classroom and personal purchases during January Educator Appreciation Days, January 12-20, 2013.
Educators who shop at Barnes & Noble during Educator Appreciation Days will receive:
- A 25% discount on personal and classroom purchases;
- A 10% discount on DVDs and music;
- A chance to win either a NOOK Tablet or a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card (one educator per region); and
- Huge discounts on products marked down for post-holiday clearance.
As part of the Educator Appreciation Days celebration, Barnes & Noble stores will host special workshops for classroom teachers, librarians and other specialized educators focusing on “The Digital Classroom: Growing a New Generation of Learners” and techniques educators can use to secure grants from government agencies and non-profit organizations. Events will highlight the creative ways educators are using NOOK in the classroom, from younger students using apps to practice and develop basic skills to high school AP English students doing advanced web research to enhance their understanding of great works of literature and for project based learning.
“Our stores have always been the go-to place for educators looking for the best selection of books for their classrooms and libraries -- and for themselves,” said Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. “Now we offer them everything they need in one location -- from professional development titles to educational toys and games to digital devices,” she continued. “Educators have embraced our NOOK devices from the beginning, because we’re a trusted retail partner. We provide them with free training, technical support, eBook purchasing recommendations, a managed account system and the ability to pay for NOOKs and eBooks with a purchase order.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV