LAS VEGAS ,
Jan. 7, 2013
2013 International CES --
Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML)
a leader in microcontroller and touch technology solutions
today announced the Atmel mXT540S, expanding its
maXTouch S family
of touch controllers further supporting the trend of designing larger screens into hand-held devices of various types.
Featuring 540 nodes, the new Atmel maXTouch mXT540S provides high-performance capacitive sensing for touchscreens up to 7 inches.
delivers all the features and high-performance characteristics of the current maXTouch S family that designers have come to enjoy and grown to expect in the maXTouch S family, including thinner sensors, superior noise immunity and support for ultra-thin passive stylus. Consumers benefit from these features with a more intuitive, robust human interface for their smart, connected devices on larger touchscreens.
Tweet This: @Atmel Expands Family of #maXTouch S Controllers With Enhanced Nodes and Capabilities:
"End customers of today's most innovative and sophisticated consumer products have an insatiable appetite for touch-enabled functionality and convenience on larger screens," said Binay Bajaj, Director of Touch Marketing, Atmel Corporation. "Designers of these products are hungry for new ways to differentiate their products with these larger touchscreens, ranging up to 7 inches, to meet the requirements of the latest superphone and tablet models. Atmel's new maXTouch mXT540S controller can flawlessly support these screen sizes with a more natural and intuitive touch experience."
The new maXTouch S controller supports:
Production quantities of the Atmel mXT540S are available now.
- Ultra-thin passive stylus for up to 2mm at 120Hz report rate to enable a more accurate first touch
- Fingernails and users wearing gloves
- Lens bending, an industry-first noise cancellation algorithm for noisy environments, to support better moisture immunity for thinner, larger screens
- Thinner sensors for ultra-thin stack support for sleeker smartphone, tablet and super phone designs
- Atmel patented maXCharger™ technology for flawless charger performance in noisy environments
- Superior touch performance algorithms for gloved finger and fingernail touches, without compromising touch performance
- Support for Android and Windows ® 8 operating systems