LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Using the new SYNC ® AppLink ™-enabled Glympse smartphone app, drivers can share their location directly from their car using simple voice commands
- More than 1 million Ford drivers can now share their location directly from their car, making it easy to answer the question, "Where are you?"
Glympse Inc., the mobile technology company that pioneered temporary real-time location sharing, today announces the first location-sharing app for Ford Motor Company's SYNC ® in-car connectivity system. Using the AppLink ™ interface, drivers will be able to share their location with friends and family directly from their car using simple voice commands, eliminating the need to touch their mobile phone while driving.
"People typically share their location while in the car, and by integrating Glympse into Ford SYNC AppLink, we're providing drivers with a rich, real-time and hands-free way to share where they are," said Bryan Trussel, co-founder and CEO of Glympse. "At Glympse, we're dedicated to creating a more robust connected car experience, and working with Ford will help us to reach millions of consumers who will be able to just say, 'Send a Glympse' to share their current whereabouts, eliminating the need to send a text or make a phone call."
To use Glympse, drivers need the app installed on an iOS or Android-based smartphone. The car automatically recognizes the app when the phone is Bluetooth ®-paired or USB-connected. With Glympse activated, drivers simply need to press the SYNC voice button on the steering wheel and say, "Send Glympse." Users can send a Glympse to a friend's email or mobile number, or to Facebook and Twitter.Recipients of the Glympse can then monitor the vehicle's progress and ETA via a real-time dynamic map, on either a smartphone or desktop. After the user-defined time limit expires, the location is no longer updated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV