DALLAS and BEIJING, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, and I-Mobile Corporation, a leading mobile handset provider in Thailand and Southeast Asia, today announced an agreement to bring consumers easy access to one the most powerful mobile security and safety apps on the market to help ensure safe mobile experiences for its users.
I-Mobile will pre-install NQ Mobile Security on its Android mobile devices beginning this month.
"Mobile handset providers like I-Mobile are indispensable partners in our efforts to expand globally and protect mobile users across the world, namely as we increase our presence in Southeast Asian markets," said Omar Khan, Co-CEO, NQ Mobile. "It's imperative that consumers in Southeast Asia become educated about growing mobile malware threats and learn how to protect their mobile devices. By offering NQ Mobile Security as a pre-installation on its smart devices, I-Mobile is providing its customers with tools that will help ensure the safety and security of their valuable mobile data."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats. NQ Mobile Security has been proven by independent security lab tests, like West Coast Labs Comparative Test, to outperform all competitive mobile security platforms. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.NQ Mobile Security Features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on the phone, protecting that social networking, email, and financial accounts from being hacked and personal calls from being recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores contacts for easy access from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.