Better Alternative to Hardware and Software Based RAID
Dot Hill AssuredVRA technology enables client, server, storage and motherboard vendors to integrate RAID technology into their products by leveraging the power of today's multi-core CPUs instead of a dedicated and ROC-based RAID add-in board, helping to reduce hardware, power, cooling and support costs. Basic AssuredVRA and enhanced AssuredVRA products directly support the built-in core logic SATA ports that come as part of these systems, enabling vendors to easily add RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capability to these otherwise unused built-in SATA controllers, without the need for a more expensive ROC based solution.
The AssuredVRA technology leverages a sophisticated RAID software stack, enabling today's computer systems with both SSD and HDD support to effectively process RAID tasks without compromising performance needed for other operations. Its innovative write-caching engine provides up to three times the performance of competing host software RAID stacks or ROC-based adapter cards. As VRAs are software based, they can easily incorporate other data protection services, such as the n-way mirroring schemes offered as part of the new products, to support simple, transparent and cost-effective system backup and recovery.
Overview of AssuredVRA Key Features/Functionality
Dot Hill AssuredVRA technology key features/functionality include:
About Dot Hill
- Single, unified O/S driver and single-pane web-based management suite capable of managing RAID sets on both core logic SATA and SAS/SATA I/O controllers
- Native support for multiple motherboard vendors that use supported AMD chipsets
- Broad Operating system support -- Windows Vista, 7, and 8; Ubuntu Client, Red Hat 5 - 32 and 64 bit; SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 – 32 and 64 bit
- Support for basic RAID 0, 1, 10 features or higher featured RAID 0,1,5,10 schemes
- Hidden arrays and split mirror
- Support for mixed capacity drives allowing 100 percent of usage of all disk capacity available
Leveraging its proprietary Assured family of storage solutions, Dot Hill solves many of today's most challenging storage problems – helping IT to improve performance, increase availability, simplify operations, and reduce costs. Dot Hill's solutions combine breakthrough software with the industry's most flexible and extensive hardware platform and automated management to deliver best-in-class solutions. Headquartered in Longmont, Colo., Dot Hill has offices and/or representatives in China, Germany, India, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States.