MHL, LLC, today announced that since the retail introduction of the first MHL-enabled devices two years ago, the MHL ecosystem is continuing to grow with an installed base of more than 220 million products and greater than 200 unique products in the marketplace today. This past year saw the release of the industry’s first MHL-enabled AVRs, Blu-ray Disc™ players, laptop docks, PC monitors and projectors developed by the growing base of nearly 180 global adopters (licensees). One area that is beginning to embrace the technology is the automotive sector, with manufacturers such as Hyundai, JVC-Kenwood and Pioneer viewing MHL as a compelling solution to integrate the phone into the car infotainment experience.
Founded by Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba, the MHL Consortium’s goal is to establish the technology as the de facto standard of choice for audio / video connectivity for mobile devices. Using only five wires, 1080p uncompressed video with up to eight channels of digital audio is delivered, while providing charge to the mobile device. Not only can consumers connect their MHL-enabled devices to the big screen to watch HD videos, play video games or make presentations, but they can now access all of their content from the road.
“I’m pleased to see the continued momentum MHL has experienced over the past year, achieving more than 100 percent year-over-year growth. In 2012, we also saw the release of new products that leverage our technology in creative ways beyond mobile devices and displays,” said Judy Chen, president of MHL, LLC.
The MHL Consortium will be showing technology demonstrations at CES 2012 from January 8-11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, at booth # 25700 in the South Hall 2.
- Hyundai will be showcasing its new infotainment systems with MHL technology at booth #315 in the North Hall.
- JVC-Kenwood will be showing their KW-NSX600 and KW-NSX700 in-dash multimedia receivers at booth #1810 in the North Hall. Both units have been designed and engineered to utilize the most advanced smartphone connectivity options currently available for the aftermarket.
- Pioneer fully embraces the consumer's smartphone connected lifestyle and will be exhibiting a line of products with smartphone connectivity at CES booth #1101 in the North Hall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV