2013 Financial Guidance
Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities totaled $99.1 million at December 31, 2012 compared to $55.7 million at December 31, 2011. Amicus expects full-year 2013 net cash spend between $52 million and $58 million. The current cash position and anticipated Fabry program reimbursements from GSK are projected to fund operations into the second half of 2014.
Amicus and GSK are co-developing all formulations of migalastat HCl under a global Fabry collaboration. Amicus has commercial rights to all Fabry products in the United States and GSK has commercial rights to all of these products in the rest of world. Amicus and GSK are responsible for 40% and 60% of global development costs, respectively, in 2013 and beyond. Outside the GSK collaboration, Amicus owns exclusive rights to the rest of its pipeline and applications of its platform technology.
Strategic OutlookAmicus is leveraging its pharmacological chaperone technology platform to develop next-generation medicines for a range of rare and orphan diseases, with a focus on improved therapies for lysosomal storage disorders. During 2013, Amicus and GSK are committed to advancing migalastat HCl for Fabry disease. Amicus will also continue to advance its pharmacologic chaperone technology platform to develop next-generation therapies (ERTs) for Pompe and additional lysosomal storage disorders. These programs include novel small molecules co-administered with existing enzyme replacement products, as well as proprietary next-generation enzyme replacement therapies that are co-formulated with pharmacologic chaperones. Migalastat HCl Monotherapy for Fabry Disease Migalastat HCl monotherapy (150 mg, every-other-day (QOD)) is in two randomized ongoing Phase 3 studies for Fabry Disease ( Study 011 and Study 012) in patients with genetic mutations identified as amenable to this pharmacologic chaperone in a cell-based assay.
- Study 011 is comparing migalastat HCl to placebo to potentially support a U.S. marketing application. In December 2012, Amicus and GSK announced encouraging top-line Stage 1 results from the 6-month double-blind treatment period in Study 011 (Stage 1). Additional 6-month data will be presented at the Lysosomal Disease Network WORLD Symposium ( LDN WORLD), to be held February 12-15, 2013, in Orlando, Florida. Data from the 6-month open-label follow up period in Study 011 (Stage 2) in which all patients received migalastat HCl are anticipated in the first half of 2013. These results will include 12 months of data for the migalastat HCl group and 6 months of data for the group that crossed over from placebo to migalastat HCl. The FDA has indicated that it will consider the entirety of the efficacy and safety data from Stage 1 and Stage 2 of Study 011. Amicus and GSK expect to meet with the FDA in 2013 to discuss a U.S. approval pathway for migalastat HCl monotherapy.
- Study 012 is comparing open-label migalastat HCl to current standard of care ERTs (Fabrazyme and Replagal) to support global registration. In December 2012, this study achieved full enrollment of 60 patients, who were randomized 1.5:1 to switch from ERT to migalastat HCl or remain on ERT. Data is anticipated in the second half of 2014 on the primary outcome measure, which is renal function assessed by iohexol Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) at 18 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV