Foster Wheeler AG (Nasdaq: FWLT) announced today that its Global Power Group is now the direct supplier of the FW Graf Wulff circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) scrubber technology to the North American market. Although Foster Wheeler has provided this technology globally for more than a year, it was previously offered in the North American market exclusively through a third party under a licensing arrangement.
“We strongly feel that this move will allow us to provide a higher level of responsiveness and service to our North American clients,” said Byron Roth, Chief Executive Officer of Foster Wheeler North America Corp. “We see this technology playing a crucial role in helping US power generators comply with the EPA’s new Mercury and Air Toxics Standard (MATS) and other upcoming rules in an environment of tightening water restrictions and increasingly competitive electricity markets.”
Foster Wheeler supplies the CFB scrubber technology globally through its five operating units located in North America, Europe and Asia which are supported by Foster Wheeler’s scrubber technology center, FW Graf Wulff, located in Friedrichsdorf, Germany.
“The North American market was the only market utilizing a licensee to supply our CFB scrubber technology,” said Gary Nedelka, Chief Executive Officer of Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group. “This move unifies Foster Wheeler’s market strategy to be the sole supplier of the technology to all markets around the globe.”Foster Wheeler acquired the Graf Wulff CFB scrubber technology due to its flexibility to meet new tightening regulations, not only in the US, but globally, at very low life cycle costs while using the least amount of water. The technology can capture a wide spectrum of pollutants ranging from acid gases to very fine particulates and a wide array of heavy metals and is suitable for use with all types of boilers in the power and industrial sectors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV