The Tri-Staple Technology Platform Includes Four Specialty Reloads Designed To Address Specific Surgical Challenges: Endo GIA 30mm Reload, Endo GIA Curved Tip Reload, Endo GIA Black Reload, Endo GIA Radial Reload. (Photo: Business Wire)
Covidien (NYSE: COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products, today announced that the Company’s Tri-Staple™ technology platform has achieved more than $1 Billion in product sales since launching in mid-2010.
Covidien’s Tri-Staple technology platform for endoscopic surgical stapling is the first-of-its-kind technology that enables surgeons to use staplers in a broader range of tissue thicknesses than ever before. Surgeons have rapidly adopted and use Tri-Staple technology reloads across surgical specialties including bariatric, thoracic, colorectal, general, hepatobiliary and gynecological surgery. Endo GIA™ Reloads with Tri-Staple technology are sold in more than 45 countries.
“Our Tri-Staple technology has enabled Covidien to deliver to surgeons a clinically relevant and truly innovative surgical stapling platform,” said Bryan Hanson, Group President, Surgical Solutions, Covidien. “We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback from surgeons regarding their stapling experience and the performance of the Tri-Staple technology.”
The benefits delivered by Tri-Staple technology are achieved due to its graduated compression design and progressive staple heights, which provide less stress on tissue during compression and clamping 1, the potential for greater perfusion into the staple line 2 and the ability to manage tissue variability.“In my experience with progressive staple heights, we are finding this leads to more successful stapling, more formed staples, and fewer misfires, which is truly an incredible innovation for what we do in liver surgery with unpredictable variances in tissue thicknesses,” stated David A. Iannitti, MD, a hepatobiliary surgeon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV