- Enrollment completed in pilot Phase 2a study of ACH-3102 and ribavirin for genotype 1b CC patients -
- Up to 12 weeks of once daily ACH-3102 appears safe and well tolerated with no on-treatment virologic breakthrough observed to date -
- Profile of ACH-3102 supportive of continued development for genotype 1b and in combination with other direct-acting antivirals for the broad treatment of HCV -NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:ACHN) today announced that it has completed enrollment in a pilot Phase 2a trial evaluating ACH-3102, a second-generation pan-genotypic NS5A inhibitor, in combination with ribavirin for the treatment of patients with chronic genotype 1b (GT 1b) hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. The initial cohort enrolled eight patients with GT 1b HCV, IL28b genotype CC, that are receiving twelve weeks of ACH-3102 once daily in combination with ribavirin. To date, five patients have completed 4 weeks of treatment, including three patients who have completed 12 weeks of treatment. ACH-3102 has been well-tolerated by all patients with no serious adverse events, subject withdrawals, or on-treatment viral breakthrough reported to date. Treatment with ACH-3102 has resulted in rapid reduction in HCV RNA accompanied by normalization of liver enzymes. "We are very pleased to see that the profile of ACH-3102 continues to exceed our expectations for providing a truly improved barrier to resistance. As the first-ever clinical trial to evaluate a NS5A inhibitor as a single direct-acting antiviral in combination with ribavirin, we are extremely encouraged by these initial results that demonstrate rapid suppression of the HCV GT1b virus and a well-tolerated safety profile through 12 weeks of therapy," commented Milind Deshpande, Ph.D., President of Research and Development and Chief Scientific Officer of Achillion. "As this data set continues to mature, we look forward to reporting initial SVR results at a medical meeting in the second quarter, and are planning to expand enrollment in the study to include non-CC GT 1b treatment-naïve patients later this quarter pending regulatory discussions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV