Stocks to Watch: Yum, AIG, Alcoa
AIG's (AIG) board is meeting Wednesday to consider whether to join a $25 billion shareholder lawsuit against the government, court records show, The New York Times reported. The lawsuit doesn't argue that government help wasn't needed at the giant insurer during the financial crisis, the Times said. AIG just completed paying back the U.S. government for a $182 billion bailout. The newspaper said that AIG contends that the onerous nature of the rescue -- the taking of what became a 92% stake in the company, the deal's high interest rates and the funneling of billions to the insurer's Wall Street clients -- deprived shareholders of tens of billions of dollars and violated the Fifth Amendment.
Aluminum giant Alcoa (AA) is expected by analysts Tuesday to post fourth-quarter earnings of 6 cents a share on revenue of $5.61 billion. 5 Heavy Shorts About to Report Earnings
Seeds company Monsanto (MON) is expected by Wall Street to report fiscal first-quarter earnings of 37 cents a share on revenue of $2.64 billion. Overvalued Stocks Raise the Earnings Bar
Sears (SHLD) said late Monday that CEO Louis D'Ambrosio is stepping down for family health reasons; Chairman Edward Lampert will take over the CEO duties. The U.S. retailer also said it expects a loss in the quarter ending Feb. 2 of $280 million to $360 million, or $2.64 to $3.40 a share. The period includes a charge of about $450 million related to pension settlements.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV