The faces behind the app The team behind BeCouply ( http://becouply.com) – Becky Cruze and Pius Uzamere – are a couple in real life. Cruze has a degree from The George Washington University in political communications and Uzamere holds a degree in computer science and engineering from MIT.
Cruze and Uzamere won the Ford SYNC AppLink Developer Challenge at last year's TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon in San Francisco. In turn, they were invited to develop an AppLink-enabled beta version of the app unveiled this week at CES.
"We are on a mission to help couples have epic social lives," said Uzamere, developer of the app and chief operating officer of BeCouply. "Ford SYNC is a natural fit for BeCouply because – for many couples – date night begins in the car."
SYNC AppLink is available on more than 1 million vehicles; it is available on 2013 Fiesta, Mustang, Expedition, Fusion, F-150, Super Duty, Focus, E-Series and C-MAX.About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 172,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com. About BeCouply BeCouply is a mobile app that helps couples have epic social lives by making it fun and easy to discover new date ideas, capture special moments, and connect with couple friends. Based in San Francisco, BeCouply was co-founded by real-life couple Becky Cruze and Pius Uzamere and is backed by a syndicate of angel investors led by Mitch Kapor, creator of Lotus 1-2-3. For more information, please visit http://becouply.com. SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV