Clear Channel’s Total Traffic Network And Toyota Team Up To Bring Instant Traffic And Weather Updates To Drivers’ Dashboards
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment’s Total Traffic Network, a groundbreaking programming and technology service that delivers real-time local traffic flow and incident information, and Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. today announced a three-year agreement that will integrate real-time traffic and The Weather Channel information into the dashboards of select 2013 calendar year Toyota and Lexus models. These new Toyota models will feature the first consumer facing real-time delivery of information and graphics inside a vehicle via an HD Radio signal.
Toyota and Lexus audio systems launched on selected 2014 models will feature an integrated in-dash display of Clear Channel’s Total Traffic Network (TTN) services. These easy to access features will include Doppler radar and real-time weather forecasts from The Weather Channel and TTN’s traffic updates. These features will be available subscription free and do not require any data plans while in range of more than 350 HD Radio stations providing Toyota drivers with up-to-the-minute traffic and weather updates whenever and wherever they want it with just a touch of their vehicle’s console display. Toyota also plans to expand the service coverage beyond the HD boundaries for those vehicles equipped with Entune by providing these same services through a customer’s cell phone.
Featured In-dash Services:
· Doppler Weather radar: Drivers will have instant access to The Weather Channel’s Doppler weather radar overlaid onto their existing in-dash navigation map.· Current weather conditions and forecasts: Drivers will be able to easily access The Weather Channel’s local and national forecasts for over 120 cities with a touch of the console screen. · Real-time traffic: These easy-to-understand maps and incident coverage reports are updated every two minutes and offer current conditions, as well as upcoming 15-, 30- and 45-minute predictive traffic information. “Innovation is an essential part of what we do including leveraging our national distribution platform in new ways,” said Kevin Dorsey, President of National Media Groups for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. “This new agreement with Toyota highlights our ability to leverage our distribution, programming and technology platforms to bring consumers what they want, where they want it and without annoying subscriptions. Our digital expertise helps to provide one-of-a-kind solutions for our partners and we are looking forward to joining forces with Toyota to further enhance the driving experience.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts