Delphi Introduces Unique Plug-and-Play Connectivity Service -- Consumers Can Quickly Lock & Unlock Doors, Locate, Track And Monitor Vehicles Via Mobile Devices
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delphi today announced the release of its innovative new cloud-based automotive connectivity service for consumers. At the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the company will be demonstrating Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi, a device that provides a groundbreaking car-to-cloud/cloud-to-car connectivity service. Drivers can mimic their key fob functions to control their car, track, locate, access, secure and monitor their vehicles anywhere at any time with a smartphone or browser. The first-in-its-class device works in most vehicles sold in the U.S. from 1996 onward.
The Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi will be available online and in Verizon Wireless stores in the coming weeks. To see more about the device, please visit connectedcar.delphi.com. The device will be on display at both the Delphi and Verizon booths at CES. The Delphi booth can be found at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth #730 and the Verizon Wireless booth can be found at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #31400.
The Delphi car connectivity service enables drivers to carry out any of the following features remotely:
- Use smartphone, laptop or tablet as a key fob for your car regardless of where you are to help when accidently locked out
- Connect your smartphone to your car via Bluetooth for key fob commands when in locations like a parking garage
- Easily locate and access your family cars anywhere and anytime without having to remember to tag your vehicle's original location
- Monitor overall vehicle status
- Diagnose the vehicle's engine health
- Receive alerts for driving behavior and vehicle performance issues
- Set up geo-fences and receive alerts for entry and exit
- Live tracking
- Automatic trip logs to help with things like expense report records
The system operates through a downloadable Delphi smartphone app, available for Android 2.2 and later and Apple iOS 5.0 and later devices, as well as a Delphi Web portal that is compatible with Internet Explorer 7 and later, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Firefox browsers. Data transmitted through the Delphi connectivity system remains secure and encrypted over the Verizon Wireless network.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts