New York's Finger Lakes
Listen, anybody who's ever trudged up to the Finger Lakes at this time of year knows why it's so cheap right now. It's cold, the weather's unpredictable and the vineyards are looking especially bare.
To adventurous souls, that just means there's plenty of wine to be drunk and rooms to be filled. The "Winter Wine Weekends" package offered by the region's various chambers of commerce offers rooms at more than a dozen hotels around the region at special rates or with the third night free. The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars, for example, offers a two-night stay with the third night free and a free bottle of Glenora Wine and a welcome glass of sparkling wine. The deal also includes two-for-one attraction admissions, restaurant discounts and free wine tastings at participating wineries.Even when those tastings aren't free, there's a way to keep their costs nice and modest. Though most wineries charge a $2 to $4 tasting fee, the $13 "Polar Passport" entitles holder to free flights of wine at more than 20 wineries. That's certainly one way to keep warm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV