We normally wouldn't advise heading down to the Caribbean for the winter, but getting there in early January can save a lot of time and money.
St. Lucia is more of a couple's resort than a family place, especially on the island's exclusive south end. If you don't have kids in tow, it may be worth considering a three-night, $55-a-night stay at the Alize Resort Inn and Guest House with a free welcome glass of spiced rum.The Bay Gardens Inn, meanwhile, offers $88 rooms through late March. Yes, there's still the small matter of flying down there, but prices of rooms and flights really start to take off in late February and early March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV