NHL, Hockey Players Reach Tentative Deal
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The National Hockey League and its players' union early Sunday reached a tentative agreement that should end the months-long lockout that has cancelled a large portion of the current season.
Both sides announced they had agreed to a framework for a collective-bargaining agreement after a 16-plus hour bargaining session.
Details of the agreement still need to be worked out, and it must be approved by the league's owners and the players' union.
"We have to dot a lot of I's and cross a lot of T's," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. "There is still a lot of work to be done, but the basic framework has been agreed upon."When the deal was announced shortly after 6 a.m. EST Sunday, the league said it wasn't able to provide a new game schedule but added that it hoped provide such information shortly. When finalized and approved, the new collective-bargaining agreement would replace the previous agreement, which expired on Sept. 15. The normal NHL season usually runs from October into April and is followed by the Stanley Cup Playoffs, which run from April to the beginning of June.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV