Merkel's Deputy Urges Unity From Troubled Party
Speculation has swirled for months that Roesler, 39, would have to go if the FDP does badly in Lower Saxony, and carping from members has intensified recently. Development Minister Dirk Niebel vented his frustration about the situation in a speech to Sunday's event, insisting that the party can't wait until a scheduled convention in May to choose its election campaign team.
"Things can't carry on in the FDP as they are now," he said. "It tears me up inside when I see the state of my, our FDP."
Roesler said that credibility is "also a question of style, fairness and solidarity." He urged the party to "send a signal that we are ready to fight together" in Germany's election year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV