Belkin Expands WeMo Family With New Product And Platform Updates At The 2013 International CES (Photo: Business Wire)
Building on the success of its WeMo launch in 2012, Belkin today announced two new developments to the WeMo brand of simple, ingenious home control products, the WeMo Light Switch and Android compatibility. The WeMo Light Switch, an Internet connected light switch to remotely control wired household lighting from anywhere, will debut at CES Unveiled on January 6 at the Mandalay Bay and will be on display at the 2013 International CES at Belkin’s booth, South Hall #30651, from January 8-11.
“Android compatibility and the ability to control full household lighting – beyond just lamps – have been the top two requests from WeMo fans since we first launched, so we are excited to announce both at the 2013 CES,” said Jamie Elgie, senior director of product management at Belkin. “Both are a natural extension of the WeMo line and help expand on our promise of delivering the peace of mind that comes from knowing you can control and monitor your home from wherever you are, whenever you want.”
The WeMo Light Switch replaces an existing light switch and connects into your home’s existing electrical wiring. Once in place, you can turn a full bank of lights on and off from anywhere, put them on a schedule, or use other WeMo or online triggers to control them through a smartphone or tablet. The WeMo Light Switch is controlled via the same free WeMo app as the WeMo Switch and Motion, conveniently keeping track of all of your WeMo-enabled devices from one app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV