"We are fortunate to have collectively built a culture that matters, a brand that matters, a business that matters," Kilar said in his memo. "It is impossible to state in words how much this team means to me, how much Hulu means to me."
"Jason has been an integral part of the Hulu story, transforming it from an interesting idea into an innovative business model that continues to evolve," said Disney CEO Bob Iger in a statement. "We are proud of his achievements, we appreciate what he's built, and we share his confidence in his team's ability to drive Hulu forward from here."
News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch added, "Jason and his team have done a great job building Hulu into one of the leading online video services available today and it's incredibly well positioned for the road ahead. We are grateful for Jason's leadership and wish him the best on his next venture."NBC parent Comcast Corp. (CMCSA) is required to be a silent partner in Hulu as part of the government signing off on its purchase of NBCUniversal in January 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV