NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A newspaper is reporting that Flowers Foods (FLO) and Bimbo are emerging as bidders for the bread brands of Hostess, which is in the midst of a bankruptcy-court liquidation of its assets.
The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday that Hostess Brands Inc. could reveal as early as next week that Flowers and Bimbo are in discussions to acquire the bread brands, which include Wonder Bread and Nature's Pride.
The report says the brands could command $350 million.
Hostess, based in Irving, Texas, announced in November that it was shutting down its business and selling its brands, which also include Twinkies, along with its 33 bakeries and other operations.Grupo Bimbo SAB's brands include Arnold breads, Thomas' English muffins, and Entenmann's cakes. Flowers Foods Inc.'s brands include Nature's Own breads and Tastykake snacks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV