Governor Corbett Opens 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show
HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today opened the 97 th Pennsylvania Farm Show by welcoming visitors to celebrate the state's agriculture industry.
" Pennsylvania has a rich agricultural tradition, and the Pennsylvania Farm Show honors our oldest and largest industry," Corbett said. "There are almost 13 million people in Pennsylvania, and every one of them depends on 62,000 farm families. To all of our farmers, thank you."
The 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show theme is: "Made in PA. It makes a difference," based on PA Preferred®, the official brand of agriculture products grown or made in Pennsylvania.The program's trademark is a gold checkmark inside a blue keystone that can be found on products year-round at farmers markets, restaurants, food processors, grocery chains, craft breweries and wineries. "This year's Pennsylvania Farm Show is a celebration of PA Preferred," Agriculture Secretary George Greig said. "When you buy PA Preferred products, made and grown in Pennsylvania, it makes a difference to local farmers, communities and our future." Governor Corbett shared other accomplishments that have kept Pennsylvania growing over the past year including:
- Eliminating the "death tax" on farm real estate, helping farmers transition their properties more easily to the next generation;
- Signing several transportation laws that allow farmers to transport modern farm equipment, helping them work more effectively, boost productivity and ensure a safe and abundant food supply;
- Making government more efficient by using innovative partnerships to help in the operation of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center with minimal taxpayer dollars; and
- Preserving nearly 13,000 acres of farmland across the state through Pennsylvania's nation leading farmland preservation program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV