Hyundai Debuts Next-Generation Automotive Technology At CES
COSTA MESA, Calif., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai returns to the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) January 8-11, 2013 (North Hall, booth #315) to debut and showcase a number of new vehicle technologies. Along with demonstrations of its Blue Link® telematics and infotainment platform, Hyundai will again preview its next-generation concepts and future infotainment systems for the tech-savvy CES crowd.
Next-Generation InfotainmentHyundai will display working versions of future vehicle infotainment systems and voice-recognition technology incorporating features enabled by several technology partners, including:
- Eyes Free mode: Hyundai will integrate Siri, the intelligent assistant that helps drivers get things done just by asking, and the much-anticipated Eyes Free mode into its vehicles. Through the vehicle's infotainment system, drivers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. To further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode which enables drivers to interact with their iPhone using nothing more than their voice while keeping the device's screen from lighting up.
- Dragon Drive: Developed by Nuance, Dragon Drive is an automotive-grade voice services platform for the connected car that enables drivers to speak naturally and conversationally with in-car systems. Drivers can simply dictate messages, search for their favorite music, find real-time weather and even ask directions to their favorite restaurant – in the car or in the cloud. With its extensive experience in the automotive industry, Nuance is working with Hyundai to integrate Dragon Drive into its future vehicle infotainment systems.
- Mobile High-Definition Link: MHL technology delivers 1080p60 uncompressed video with up to eight channels of digital audio from a mobile device to a dashboard display, all while charging the device. With MHL technology, Hyundai is able to integrate mobile devices into the car infotainment experience by enabling consumers to display apps and other content from the road. The MHL ecosystem is continuing to grow with an installed base of more than 220 million products and has fast become the de facto standard for smartphones.
- Next-Generation Hardware: Hyundai will feature the latest hardware with high resolution, multi-touch displays, Bluetooth® 3.0 and Wi-Fi/3G connectivity options with user-centric interface design. Drivers will be able to access connectivity features such as web browsing, mobile hot-spot, and media streaming through the support of DLNA and Mirror Link and Aha by HARMAN. These next-generation systems will also showcase popular entertainment features like Pandora®, HD Radio® and SIRIUSXM®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV