Don't Let Your Credit Become A Greek Tragedy
Find a card that fits your lifestyle
You don't risk betrayal and torture by shopping around for a rewards credit card that fits your current lifestyle. If your greatest perk is miles and you hate to fly, you might be better served by a cash back card.
Benefits are not limited to miles or points, either. Certain hotel cards give you upgraded status, and co-branded credit cards may provide a discount at your favorite store. Credit card companies are competing fiercely for your business - compare the benefits and make them prove their worth!
Losing track of accountsHaving multiple accounts to manage has made our heroine more confused than the Minotaur maze. She carries a balance on a few accounts and a zero balance on a couple more. But trying to remember due dates and minimum payment requirements has caused her to lose track of her accounts. Credit that has gone unused has been lowered and a balance that she forgot she has is past due.
Close unnecessary cardsMaybe the beautiful Helen of Troy could get away with asking for those late fees to be removed, but the rest of us need to stay on top of managing our accounts. Closing unnecessary cards could help you get organized. The keyword here is unnecessary. It's a good idea to keep your oldest account open since the age of your accounts plays a role in your FICO credit score. However, if your credit utilization will stay below 10 percent and your score can afford a short-term dip, consider closing debt-free accounts that do not provide you with your preferred benefits. Probably all of us, at one time or another have blamed the Fates for our financial misfortunes. But any soothsayer worth his salt will tell you, only you are in charge of your economic destiny.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV