GM recalls nearly 69,000 vehicles worldwide
DETROIT (AP) â¿¿ General Motors is recalling nearly 69,000 pickup trucks, SUVs and vans worldwide because they can roll away unexpectedly.
The recall affects certain 2013 models of the Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Avalanche and Express. Also included are the GMC Sierra, Savana and Yukon as well as the Cadillac Escalade.GM says the vehicles may have been built with faulty park lock cables or malformed steering column lock gears. The vehicles can be shifted out of park even if the ignition key is in the off position or removed. GM says about one in 1,000 of the vehicles has the problem, and most haven't been sold yet. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average finished 43.85 points higher at 13,435.21. The Nasdaq closed up 1.09 point at 3,101.66. The S&P 500 finished up 7.10 points at 1,466.47. Benchmark crude for February delivery closed up 17 cents at $93.09 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, finished 83 cents lower at $111.31 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Wholesale gasoline lost 3 cents to end at $2.76 a gallon. Heating oil fell less than a penny to finish at $3.02 a gallon. Natural gas rose 9 cents to end at $3.29 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV