BRAINTREE, Mass., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Whole Blood Acquisition Integration Ahead of Schedule
- Paperless Phlebotomy On Track For Limited Market Release in Q4 Fiscal 2013
- OrthoPAT ® Advance ™ Receives 510K Approval
- Emerging Market Investments Driving Growth in TEG ® and Cell Salvage
- Customer Adoption of Blood Management Solutions Driving Hospital Growth
- Hemerus Medical Remains on Track To Respond To FDA's SOLX ® Questions
Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE) today announced significant progress on key business initiatives in conjunction with the 31 st Annual J.P. Morgan Health Care Conference in San Francisco. Brian Concannon, President and CEO of Haemonetics, will discuss these initiatives as part of a live webcast presentation at 4:30PM Pacific time / 7:30PM Eastern time on Wednesday, January 9.
"Our current fiscal year 2013 is a landmark year in which we completed the largest acquisition in our company's history, the whole blood collection, filtration and processing business from Pall Corporation. Subsequently, we have integrated it seamlessly with no interruption to customer needs", said Mr. Concannon. "We also remain on track for the introduction of the first element of automation into that market later in fiscal 2013, in the form of paperless phlebotomy. At the same time, we made considerable advances in blood management solutions for our customers. In this regard, we prepared for the first half of fiscal 2014 introduction of our recently approved OrthoPAT Advance device into the hospital market and our investments in emerging markets have boosted our TEG and Cell Saver ® Elite ® penetration there as well."Whole Blood Acquisition Integration Since the August 1, 2012 completion of the Whole Blood acquisition, 17 internal cross-functional integration teams have pursued all elements of integration to ensure that critical business functions including IT, supply chain, quality and regulatory compliance to name a few continued effectively. The integration effort is ahead of schedule and is expected to be substantially completed by the end of fiscal 2013. Paperless Phlebotomy For Whole Blood Collection The company has previously revealed plans to introduce its paperless phlebotomy product offering into the whole blood market, which is the first phase of their Automated Whole Blood product launch. This consists initially of a software platform that allows collection of donation data at the chair side using a wireless hand-held/tablet device, followed by a communications tower permitting wireless connectivity in even the most difficult blood collection locations, and required connectivity software. The paperless phlebotomy product is the first of three product launch phases that collectively facilitate the ability to automate the process of collecting whole blood. FDA clearance of the paperless phlebotomy offering and limited market release to an identified U.S. blood center customer are expected to occur by the end of Q4 of fiscal 2013 as anticipated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV