LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Representing Visteon Corporation's (NYSE:VC) vision of mobility in the year 2020, the e-Bee vehicle concept is designed to explore new and alternative ways of using a vehicle, including car-sharing, private ownership and short-term rental. Using touch display-based controls and Cloud-centered profile storage, the e-Bee's features are designed to be immediately familiar and intuitive for each individual user.
Fully compatible with electric vehicle and hybrid platforms, the e-Bee demonstrates intelligent mobility – gathering and disseminating useful driving-related data, acting as part of a wider mobility-enabling network and integrating technology and design that is simple, flexible and frugal.
The technologies featured in the e-Bee concept range from advanced development to application- and commercialization-ready. The vehicle will be available to customers and media members at the Visteon booth (CP#20) in the Central Plaza during CES.The e-Bee challenges conventional vehicle architecture by rethinking the position of the climate system, resulting in reduced weight and a substantially increased cabin space. The integrated climate module combines the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) unit with the refrigerant system, including an energy-efficient heat pump. Its position outside the cabin allows for new interior design options including an easy user experience with the vehicle's electronics and comfort features, designed to mitigate distraction. "From its driver interface to its compact and innovative climate system, the e-Bee is an exercise in efficient, forward-looking design for new mobility uses," said Tim Yerdon, Visteon's global director of innovation. "This is just the second leg of a world tour where we're showcasing the vehicle at customer and industry events. The e-Bee will be the centerpiece in Visteon's discussions with customers and partners about future technology trends and needs." Defined User Experience The e-Bee's driver interface consists of a set of three displays: a main display for journey information and two smaller screens with touch-sensing capability. The touch screens are located within easy fingertip distance on either side of the steering wheel, providing simple and immediate interaction with both vehicle controls and social connections. The car also features a projected head-down display for accessing basic driving information. In place of the traditional rear-view mirror, a display shows images from a panamorphic 180-degree rear-view camera. Complete and Immediate PersonalizationDesigned to address the needs of each individual user, the e-Bee offers personalization on three levels:
- By region: Using a global base interior structure, the control architecture can be customized for each region. This allows for unique regional preferences regarding display types, storage options and perceived quality tastes.
- By individual owner: An ideal environment can be created by adding a range of 'physical apps' – or clip-on modules – each providing a style element and a particular function. These can include cup holders, wireless charging devices, cameras and other items.
- By individual user: A set of preferences for each user can be stored in the Cloud and retrieved when the driver enters the car. These preferences are used to define the look, colors and layout of the display-based human-machine interaction (HMI), ensuring that e-Bee's interface will always be immediately intuitive and familiar for users who alternate between cars.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts