Rovi (ROVI) focuses on powering the discovery and enjoyment of digital entertainment by providing a broad set of integrated solutions. This stock is trading up 5.8% at $16.78 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.20 millionAverage Volume: 969,433 Volume % Change: 351% Shares of ROVI are ripping higher today after the company said it would look to sell its Rovi Entertainment Store business. >>5 Tech Sector Bargains to Buy in 2013 From a technical perspective, ROVI is gapping higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $15.21 with monster upside volume. This move has started to push ROVI into breakout territory, since the stock is challenging some previous overhead resistance levels at $16.42 to $16.91. At last check, ROVI have hit an intraday high of $17.13 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 969,433 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ROVI as long as it's trending above $15.75, and then once it sustains a move or close above $16.91 to $17.13 with volume that hits near or above 969,433 shares. If ROVI can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $17.50 to its 200-day moving average of $19.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV