Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) has extended the deadline for entries for the 4 th annual Media for Liberty Award to January 16, 2013. All eligible works must be received by Liberty Media no later than January 16, 2013. There is a $50,000 prize for the winning entry.
The Media for Liberty Award recognizes media contributions that explore the link between economic and political liberty. Works must be originally published or broadcast via print or electronic media during the 2012 calendar year.
The Award is open to journalists worldwide whose original works bring new insights on societal issues, news events, economies, political structures and cultures that illustrate prosperity or struggle in pursuit of a free market environment and civil liberties uninfluenced by government agenda.
Submitted works will be reviewed by a jury panel and evaluated based on the degree to which the theme is addressed, inspirational and educational value, relevance to the public discourse, and mastery of media format.Past honorees include “60 Minutes”, The Atlantic, and MediaStorm. Eligibility Requirements Eligible media outlets, including newspapers, magazines, journals, radio, television and websites, must be generally recognized in their markets and accessible to a broad audience in the United States.
- Length: Print entries may not exceed 20,000 words. Electronic entries may not exceed 120 minutes.
- Language: All entries must be in English, or submitted with an English translation or with English subtitles.
- Examples: Eligible entries may include news reporting, feature coverage, investigative reporting, articles, essays, editorials, commentaries, documentaries and educational works.
- Programs produced and intended for general theatrical motion picture release are not eligible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV