La. Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Dec. 29 fell from the previous week's total, mainly because the Christmas holidays cut a day from the work week.
The state labor department figures released Friday show the initial claims decreased to 2,505 from the previous week's total of 3,495.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, fell to 3,262 from the previous week's total of 3,648.
Continued unemployment claims claimed for the week ending Dec. 29 decreased to 31,009 compared to 31,510 the previous week. The four-week moving average for such claims increased to 31,315, from the previous week's average of 31,244.New claims and continued claims were both below the level of the same week in December 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV