One name that's trending very close to triggering a major breakout trade is Zillow (Z), which provides information about homes, real estate listings and mortgages through its Web site and mobile applications. This stock has been hammered by the bears during the last six months, with shares down by 22.9%.
If you look at the chart for Zillow, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strongly for the last month and change, with shares soaring from a low of $23 to its recent high of $29.20 a share. During that uptrend, shares of Z have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of Z within range of triggering a major breakout trade.Market players should now look for long-biased trades in Z if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels $28.94 to $29.10 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 956,462 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then Z will set up to re-fill its previous gap down zone from November that started near $36 a share. Traders can look to buy Z off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits close to some key near-term support levels at $27.13 to $26 a share. One can also buy off strength once Z clears those breakout levels with volume and then use a stop that sits just below its 50-day moving average of $28.50 or one that sits near $27.13 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV