Black Male Youth In Los Angeles Subject Of New Online Community
California Community Foundation launches IamBLOOM.com to improve job and education prospects for Black males 14-18 years old with probation experience
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- California Community Foundation (CCF) has launched IamBLOOM ( www.iambloom.com), a new website and online community about and for young Black men in Los Angeles, as part of a strategic initiative to create a viable pathway to better educational and job opportunities for Black male youth who have been involved with the probation system.
IamBLOOM features the profiles of the Black males 14-18 years of age in Los Angeles who are turning their lives around, as well as opportunities for companies, government agencies, charitable foundations, service organizations and concerned individuals to provide much-needed support.
The visually impactful, user-friendly website allows visitors to:
- view and read the personal bios of the young men being helped through BLOOM
- engage in dialogue within forums with other members of the online community
- access and post events or opportunities like job fairs, career workshops, etc.
- share content related to or about BLOOM
- volunteer, pledge jobs or educational opportunities, and donate easily to the initiative
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts