SUNBURY, Pa., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets (NYSE: WMK) today announced the launch of its 10 th round of price freezes, effective in all 163 store locations. More than 2,000 products have been reduced in price and will stay at these discounted levels for 90 days. Since the company began its price freezing initiative in January 2009, Weis customers have saved more than $40 million dollars.
"Weis Markets is committed to saving our customers money every time they visit one of our stores," said Kurt Schertle, Weis Markets' Executive Vice President, Sales and Merchandising. "With price inflation on food expected to continue in 2013, we hope to help mitigate the impact on our customers with our Price Freeze program, allowing our customers to enjoy long-term value on everyday items."
Weis Markets' current Price Freeze program includes name brand and private brand products in grocery, frozen, dairy, meat, health, beauty care and general merchandise. Customers can identify Price Freeze items through store signage and shelf tags for participating items, as well as in weekly circulars.
To find a Weis Markets in your area, visit WeisMarkets.com.About Weis Markets Celebrating more than 100 years of service, Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE: WMK), founded in 1912, is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 163 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets. SOURCE Weis Markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV