Alzheimer's Educational Tour With Teepa Snow And 'AFA Quilt To Remember' To Stop In Cherry Hill, NJ
CHERRY HILL, N.J., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the nation focusing increasing attention on Alzheimer's disease as a major public health crisis, families in the Cherry Hill area will have the opportunity to get educated about how to cope with a disease that can carry a devastating diagnosis for the entire family.
On Thursday, January 10 th , the Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA), a leading national nonprofit organization, and Senior Helpers, one of the nation's largest in-home senior care companies, will co-host three events, all at FOX Rehabilitation, 7 Carnegie Plaza in Cherry Hill:
* A FREE, hands-on workshop about Alzheimer's disease for families and caregivers from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. The free workshop, "Understanding Dementia Care: Essentials for Your Journey," will provide essential information about dementia, including warning signs, coping strategies for behavioral challenges, communication tips, and how to have a positive and meaningful relationship with loved ones with the disease. Participants will leave with hands-on do's and don'ts of caring for their loved ones. Pre-registration requested at https://www.regonline.com/familyjourneycherryhillnj.
* A display of the AFA Quilt To Remember from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. The display of about 20 quilts illustrates the life stories of real people with the disease and pays tribute to those who have had or have dementia, family caregivers and healthcare professionals.* An interactive educational seminar for healthcare professionals from 9 a.m. to noon. This session, "Successful Dementia Strategies for Healthcare Providers," is designed to give healthcare professionals knowledge, skills, and strategies for providing help to people with dementia. Participants may earn up to three CE's. $35 per CE attendee, $20 per non-CE attendee. Registration is limited. To register, visit https://www.regonline.com/dementiastrategiescherryhill. The workshops will be presented by Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA. Snow is an occupational therapist with more than 30 years of experience as a dementia care and dementia education specialist. She is a renowned dementia expert who has shared her practical care strategies with tens of thousands of people.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV