Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE: HLF), a global nutrition company, announced today that its agreement to purchase a manufacturing facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, was completed on December 31, 2012.
The purchase of this facility further expands Herbalife’s global manufacturing capacity and is in line with the company’s stated strategy to increase self-manufacturing for its top products.
Over the next two years, Herbalife expects to invest in excess of $100 million on machinery & technology, as well as a complete retro-fitting of the existing facility to ensure it is in full compliance with U.S. Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) for dietary supplements and food products.
Herbalife expects to begin production in this facility as early as June 2014 and estimates that approximately 500 new jobs will be created by the time it reaches full operations.About Herbalife Ltd. Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF) is a global nutrition company that sells weight-management, nutrition, and personal care products intended to support a healthy lifestyle. Herbalife products are sold in more than 80 countries to and through a network of independent distributors. The company supports the Herbalife Family Foundation and its Casa Herbalife program to help bring good nutrition to children. Herbalife's website contains information about Herbalife, including financial and other information for investors at http://ir.Herbalife.com. The company encourages investors to visit its website from time to time, as information is updated and new information is posted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV