LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (Nasdaq: TXN), leading the industry with the most complete wireless connectivity portfolio for embedded applications, today announced the full availability of a new ZigBee ® BoosterPack based on TI's CC2530 ZigBee system-on-chip (SoC) that enables developers to jumpstart their designs. The BoosterPack comes with the hardware and software needed for ZigBee development to quickly bring-up the ZigBee modem, create a network and send and receive packets. Developed, offered and supported by Anaren, Inc., the ZigBee BoosterPack ( A2530E24A-LPZ) works with the MSP430™ and Stellaris ® LaunchPad evaluation kits providing developers with more microcontroller (MCU) choices when adding ZigBee wireless connectivity to home gateway, smart meter, and lighting control applications. For more information see www.ti.com/cc2530booster-pr.
To speed time to market of new 802.15.4 ZigBee designs, the BoosterPack comes with everything a developer needs to get started including:
- Three ZigBee BoosterPacks based on the Anaren AIR™ module A2530E24A for connection to the MSP430 or Stellaris LaunchPad evaluation kit (LaunchPad sold separately)
- Each BoosterPack includes an on-board MSP430G2553IN20 Value Line MCU, pre-flashed with Anaren's AIR-ZNP firmware (based on TI's Z-Stack™ ZigBee stack)
- For Stellaris MCU operation, simply remove the MSP430 MCU, and load the Stellaris firmware via USB from the included CD
- CD with all the software, MSP430 and Stellaris drivers, application notes, quick start guide, and more
- One 2xAA battery holder for remote
Additionally, design assistance is available from Anaren and authorized AIR module distributors. Learn more about what is included and what you can do in this Anaren video.
The CC2530-based ZigBee BoosterPack will be demonstrated by Anaren at CES 2013 in the ZigBee Alliance Member Pavilion (booth #20612). TI's solutions for ZigBee Smart Energy™, ZigBee Home Automation™ and ZigBee Light Link™ standards will be showcased in the TI Village, North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.Availability and price The CC2530-based BoosterPack and modules are available now from Anaren authorized distributors. The BoosterPack will retail for around USD $100. More information
- TI's CES activities, including ZigBee demonstrations
- TI's LaunchPad evaluation kits
- Wireless connectivity forum on TI's E2E™ Community
- TI's Wireless Connectivity Guide
- TI on Twitter
- TI on Facebook
- TI on Google +