NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Now that Ashton Kutcher is in full swing to play Apple (AAPL) co-founder Steve Jobs in a movie about his life, moviegoers can start to get amped up for it, as the film has an April release date.
The film, jOBS, stars Kutcher, from Two and a Half Men and That 70s Show, in the earlier years of Jobs' life, profiling the most important 30 years of his career. It starts with the creation of Apple in the mid 1970s and runs all the way to his return to Apple after having been ousted from the company he started with Steve Wozniak. The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.
The movie is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 27.
In addition to having Kutcher play the lead role, there are a slew of Hollywood stars attached to the film. Matthew Modine will play former Apple CEO John Scully, J.K. Simmons will play Arthur Rock, and Josh Gad will play Wozniak.There is another, more grandiose film being made about Jobs' life by Sony (SNE), which acquired the rights to the biography Steve Jobs, written by Walter Isaacson. The movie, Steve Jobs, will have Aaron Sorkin penning the script. No lead actor has yet been cast to play the role of the iconic tech guru. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV