NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Now that Ashton Kutcher is in full swing to play Apple (AAPL) co-founder Steve Jobs in a movie about his life, moviegoers can start to get amped up for it, as the film has an April release date.
The film, jOBS, stars Kutcher, from Two and a Half Men and That 70s Show, in the earlier years of Jobs' life, profiling the most important 30 years of his career. It starts with the creation of Apple in the mid 1970s and runs all the way to his return to Apple after having been ousted from the company he started with Steve Wozniak. The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.
The movie is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 27.
In addition to having Kutcher play the lead role, there are a slew of Hollywood stars attached to the film. Matthew Modine will play former Apple CEO John Scully, J.K. Simmons will play Arthur Rock, and Josh Gad will play Wozniak.There is another, more grandiose film being made about Jobs' life by Sony (SNE), which acquired the rights to the biography Steve Jobs, written by Walter Isaacson. The movie, Steve Jobs, will have Aaron Sorkin penning the script. No lead actor has yet been cast to play the role of the iconic tech guru. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV