LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INTERNATIONAL CES - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, and Ingenic Semiconductor, a leading China-based CPU provider for mobile multimedia applications, today introduced the JZ4780, a new highly integrated MIPS-Based™ SoC from Ingenic. The affordable dual-core JZ4780 SoC offers high performance, advanced graphics and other new functionality, along with ultra-low power consumption. MIPS and Ingenic will demonstrate the JZ4780 in a new 10" Android™ 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet during International CES, being held January 8 – 12, 2013.
JZ4780 SoC Highlights:
- 1.3GHz+ SoC sets new performance point for power-efficient and affordable devices
- Leverages Ingenic's MIPS-Based XBurst™ processor, with an innovative high-performance and ultra-low power pipelining architecture that consumes approximately 140mW per GHz under full load
- At approximately 30mm 2 die size in 40nm, the JZ4780 provides a low-cost solution for consumer electronics products
- Features a video processing unit (VPU) powered by a second XBurst processing engine for advanced 1080p HD video performance
- Highly-integrated SoC includes HDMI, LVDS, audio codec, GPS baseband, and other analog/application blocks and rich interconnect interfaces plus sophisticated PowerVR™ SGX Series5 graphics IP from Imagination Technologies
Demonstration on New Ingenic Tablet at International CESAt CES, MIPS and Ingenic will showcase the JZ4780 SoC in a new 10" tablet reference design developed by Ingenic. Ingenic will also demonstrate a version of the tablet that includes embedded LTE functionality from Altair Semiconductor, with Altair's MIPS-Based FourGee™ chipset. To schedule a demonstration during CES, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain images and additional information, visit the MIPS Technologies Media Center for CES at http://www.mips.com/news-events/CES2013/ . Availability The XBurst CPU and new JZ4780 SoC are available now from Ingenic. For more information, visit http://en.ingenic.cn/ or contact email@example.com. Supporting Quotes "We congratulate Ingenic on its latest accomplishment with the highly competitive JZ4780. Its combination of high performance, power efficiency and cost-effective design demonstrates the advantages of the MIPS architecture for mobile devices such as tablets. Now that the MIPS architecture is completely supported in Android releases from Google, Android devices based on MIPS can take advantage of a broad range of applications, while leveraging the long battery life and great user experience that MIPS can enable," said Gideon Intrater, vice president of marketing, MIPS Technologies.