LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INTERNATIONAL CES - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, and Ingenic Semiconductor, a leading China-based CPU provider for mobile multimedia applications, today introduced the JZ4780, a new highly integrated MIPS-Based™ SoC from Ingenic. The affordable dual-core JZ4780 SoC offers high performance, advanced graphics and other new functionality, along with ultra-low power consumption. MIPS and Ingenic will demonstrate the JZ4780 in a new 10" Android™ 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet during International CES, being held January 8 – 12, 2013.
- 1.3GHz+ SoC sets new performance point for power-efficient and affordable devices
- Leverages Ingenic's MIPS-Based XBurst™ processor, with an innovative high-performance and ultra-low power pipelining architecture that consumes approximately 140mW per GHz under full load
- At approximately 30mm 2 die size in 40nm, the JZ4780 provides a low-cost solution for consumer electronics products
- Features a video processing unit (VPU) powered by a second XBurst processing engine for advanced 1080p HD video performance
- Highly-integrated SoC includes HDMI, LVDS, audio codec, GPS baseband, and other analog/application blocks and rich interconnect interfaces plus sophisticated PowerVR™ SGX Series5 graphics IP from Imagination Technologies