- W. Thomas Amick, age 70, has resigned as Chairman of the board of directors and CEO. Mr. Amick served on the board since March 2004, was Chairman of the board since March 2007, and was the Company's CEO since October 2010.
- John G. Cooper, age 54, has been named Discovery Labs' President and CEO and has been elected to the Company's board of directors. Mr. Cooper served as Discovery Labs' Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) from 2002-2010 and was appointed President and CFO in 2010. Mr. Cooper will continue to serve as Discovery Labs' CFO.
- John R. Leone, age 65, has been appointed Chairman of the board. Mr. Leone was elected to the Discovery Labs' board in November 2012. Mr. Leone brings to the Company significant expertise and an outstanding track record in commercializing new products and technologies in the biopharmaceutical industry. Mr. Leone's career roles have included President and CEO at Cambrex Corporation, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of U.S. Commercial Operations at Aventis Pharmaceuticals, and Senior Vice President & General Manager at Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Pharmaceuticals. Mr. Leone is currently a Partner at Paul Capital Healthcare where he focuses on investment opportunities in commercial-stage life science companies.
- Joseph M. Mahady, age 59, has joined the Company's board of directors. Mr. Mahady brings to Discovery Labs extensive strategic and operational experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. Mr. Mahady had a 30-year career with Wyeth Corporation where, until its acquisition by Pfizer Inc., he served as President – Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, responsible for directing worldwide operations for the company's $20 billion global pharmaceutical business. Mr. Mahady has broad international commercial experience, including a direct leadership role in more than 30 product launches, and a successful record of developing profitable businesses based on transformational technologies.
- Dr. Max Link, age 72, and Dr. Antonio Esteve, age 55, have resigned from the Company's board. Dr. Link has served on the Company's Board since October 1996 and has been Chairman of the Audit Committee since 2006. Dr. Esteve has been a member of the board since May 2002.
Discovery Labs Announces Changes To Board Of Directors And Appoints A New Chief Executive Officer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.