Calendar 2012 sales were $70.51 billion, a decrease of 3.7 percent from $73.19 billion in 2011.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date sales for the first four months were $24.03 billion, down 4.4 percent from $25.15 billion in the comparable period in fiscal 2012.
Walgreens opened seven stores during December, acquired one and closed four.
At Dec. 31, Walgreens operated 8,524 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. That includes 8,061 drugstores, 243 more than a year ago, including 107 net stores acquired over the last 12 months. The company also operates infusion and respiratory services facilities, specialty pharmacies and mail service facilities. Its Take Care Health Systems subsidiary manages more than 700 in-store convenient care clinics and worksite health and wellness centers.
|December Comparable Sales and Prescriptions Filled|
|Total Comp Sales||-6.1||%||-1.3||%||-3.2||%||0.2||%||0.2||%|
|Comp Front End||-2.3||%||-||-||-||-|
|Comp Rx Sales||-8.9||%||-2.3||%||-5.7||%||0.4||%||0.4||%|
|Comp Rx Scripts||-2.3||%*||-2.3||%||-||1.4||%||0.7||%|
|* Includes +1.9 percentage points from patients filling more 90-day prescriptions|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV