Calendar 2012 sales were $70.51 billion, a decrease of 3.7 percent from $73.19 billion in 2011.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date sales for the first four months were $24.03 billion, down 4.4 percent from $25.15 billion in the comparable period in fiscal 2012.
Walgreens opened seven stores during December, acquired one and closed four.
At Dec. 31, Walgreens operated 8,524 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. That includes 8,061 drugstores, 243 more than a year ago, including 107 net stores acquired over the last 12 months. The company also operates infusion and respiratory services facilities, specialty pharmacies and mail service facilities. Its Take Care Health Systems subsidiary manages more than 700 in-store convenient care clinics and worksite health and wellness centers.
|December Comparable Sales and Prescriptions Filled|
|Total Comp Sales||-6.1||%||-1.3||%||-3.2||%||0.2||%||0.2||%|
|Comp Front End||-2.3||%||-||-||-||-|
|Comp Rx Sales||-8.9||%||-2.3||%||-5.7||%||0.4||%||0.4||%|
|Comp Rx Scripts||-2.3||%*||-2.3||%||-||1.4||%||0.7||%|
|* Includes +1.9 percentage points from patients filling more 90-day prescriptions|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV