Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) had December sales of $6.71 billion, a decrease of 4.0 percent from $6.99 billion for the same month in fiscal 2012.
Total front-end sales decreased 1.3 percent compared with the same month in fiscal 2012, while comparable store front-end sales decreased 2.3 percent. Customer traffic in comparable stores decreased 4.0 percent while basket size increased 1.7 percent.
Prescriptions filled at comparable stores decreased by 2.3 percent in December and were flat on a day-fall adjusted (DFA) basis. This year’s December had one additional Sunday and Monday and one fewer Thursday and Friday compared with December 2011, negatively impacting prescriptions filled in comparable stores by 2.3 percentage points. DFA prescriptions filled at comparable stores were positively impacted by 1.4 percentage points due to the higher incidence of flu in this year’s December and 0.7 percentage point due to more flu shots administered in the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV