Sirius XM, RIM, Activision and Groupon have been added to this story, along with updated share prices.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Satellite radio giant Sirius XM (SIRI) was a big gainer in premarket trading on Friday, rising 2.27% to $3.15. The New York-based firm was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 684,249.
Research In Motion (RIMM), which will unveil its eagerly anticipated BlackBerry 10 technology later this month, was another active stock, climbing 1.48% to $11.64 on share volume 56,280.
Activision Blizzard (ATVI) climbed 1.82% to $11.21 before market open on Friday, after gaining 0.59% on Thursday.Groupon (GRPN) was another gainer, rising 1.56% to $5.20 to continue its recent momentum. Shares of the daily deals site rose 3.23% on Thursday. Shares of tech giant IBM (IBM) dipped in premarket trading on Friday, slipping 0.19% to $194.9. IBM's shares ended Thursday's session down 0.55%. Red Hat (RHT) was another laggard, dipping 0.43% to $53.68 before market open. Shares of the open source software specialist were off 1.26% by Thursday's close. Shares of Apple (AAPL), however, crept up 0.29% to $543.65 in premarket trading on Friday. The stock closed down 1.26% on Thursday. Facebook (FB) was another modest premarket gainer, rising 0.65% to $27.95; it lost 0.82% during the prior day's trading. Software behemoth Microsoft (MSFT) also followed this trend, rising 0.18% to $27.30 after closing down 1.34% on Thursday. Google (GOOG), which has reached a deal with the Federal Trade Commission to end the agency's nearly two-year antitrust probe, gained 0.44% to reach $726.86 in premarket trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV