BEIJING, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: UTSI), a leading provider of media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services, today announced the preliminary results of its previously announced tender offer for the purchase of up to 25,000,000 of its ordinary shares at a price of $1.20 per share, which expired at 5:00 P.M., New York City time, on Thursday, January 3, 2013.
Based on the preliminary count by Computershare Trust Company N.A., the depositary for the tender offer, a total of 62,964,139 of UTStarcom's ordinary shares were properly tendered and not properly withdrawn. Additionally, 1,058,784 shares were tendered pursuant to notice of guaranteed delivery procedures.
In accordance with the terms and conditions of the tender offer, and based on the preliminary count by the depositary, UTStarcom expects to accept for purchase 25,000,000 of its ordinary shares at a purchase price of $1.20 per share, for an aggregate cost of approximately $30 million, excluding fees and expenses relating to the tender offer.
The 25,000,000 shares expected to be purchased in the tender offer represent approximately 17.6 percent of UTStarcom's currently issued and outstanding ordinary shares. Based on these preliminary numbers, UTStarcom anticipates that, following settlement of the tender offer, it will have approximately 117,067,711 ordinary shares outstanding.Due to the oversubscription of the tender offer, UTStarcom expects that the number of shares that UTStarcom will purchase from each tendering shareholder will be prorated. Based on the preliminary count, UTStarcom estimates that the proration factor will be approximately 39.7 percent, excluding shares tendered pursuant to guaranteed delivery procedures, or 39.1 percent, assuming all shares tendered pursuant to guaranteed delivery procedures are properly delivered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV