BEIJING, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Concord Medical Services Holdings Limited ("Concord Medical" or the "Company") (NYSE: CCM), a leading specialty hospital management solution provider and operator of the largest network of radiotherapy and diagnostic imaging centers in China, announced today that it has closed the acquisition of 19.98% of indirect ownership of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Proton Therapy Center (MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center).
The company announced the signing of a definite agreement in connection with the acquisition on December 11, 2012. MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center is a leading proton treatment center in the world. Concord Medical plans to invest and operate two proton centers in China. The transaction will enable Concord Medical to expand its expertise and knowledge base in preparation for the operation of future proton centers.
After the closing, Concord Medical becomes the second largest owner of the MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center, behind MD Anderson Cancer Center. Concord Medical will join both the Board of Directors of the PTC-Houston Management, LP, the general partner of the center, and the center's Advisory Committee.
"The acquisition of interest in MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center plays a key role in accelerating Concord Medical's strategic plan to build and operate proton centers in China," says Dr. Jianyu Yang, CCM Chairman and CEO. "The transaction solidifies CCM's position as a leading radiotherapy operator in China. We look forward to working closely with MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center in multiple areas."Under the terms of the agreement, CCM paid an undisclosed amount in cash to purchase a minority interest in the general partner and facility manager of the MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center. CCM will be entitled to receive both management fees and cash distribution. The net impact to CCM is expected to be accretive to EPS in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV