Chinese Firms Agree $11 Billion Deal In Cambodia
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) â¿¿ Two Chinese companies have signed an $11.2 billion deal to build a new railway, a port and a steel factory in Cambodia.
San Sok Lika, a Cambodian official working with Chinese-owned Cambodia Iron and Steel Mining Industry, said Friday that construction on the projects should begin by July.
The projects include a 400-kilometer (249-mile) rail line which will run from a steel plant in northern Preah Vihear province to a port in Koh Kong in Cambodia's southwest.
A statement issued by the two companies said the deal was signed Dec. 31.Steel Mining Industry is based in Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. The other company involved in the project, China Railway Group, is based in China. Chinese companies have invested heavily in impoverished Cambodia over the last decade in projects ranging from hydroelectric dams to agriculture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV