"Common Sense Prevails" As Claims Process Timetable To Be Reviewed
"The Government is determined to extend the current streamlined process by April 2013, but none of the groundwork has been done properly and we are seriously concerned that most of the decisions appear to have been taken before the consultation has ended," Karl said last summer.
"In particular, the Government has failed to allow sufficient time to procure, build and test the necessary computer systems; they drafted protocols and rules for a committee to examine at a meeting which was scheduled to take place before the consultation period had even closed; and they repeatedly failed to publish an independent report which assessed the success of the existing streamlined scheme and its impact on access to justice.
"We know from experience that agreeing a process and developing a suitable IT system takes around 18 months," said Karl. "Rushing changes through for implementation in April 2013 was always unrealistic and risks undermining the justice system for thousands of very deserving people."
Following the Secretary of State's decision to reconsider the proposals, Karl said: "It would seem that common sense has prevailed.""We look forward now to offering further input on what the implementation date may be." APIL is currently considering its position in terms of bringing proceedings on other related matters raised with the Secretary of State as part of its pre-judicial review process. SOURCE Fentons Solicitors LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV